You like fruit? Like chicken? … like thighs?
Then this recipe for Fruited Chicken Thighs from Paleo Plan is for you!
- 4-6 large chicken thighs, skin on
- 6 Tbs olive oil (divided)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium apples, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Wash and chop onion, celery, garlic and apples.
- Heat 2 Tbs olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot, add onion, celery, and garlic. Sauté about 3 minutes, until onion and celery are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add apple, raisins, walnuts, and eggs. Mix well.
- Prepare chicken thighs by pulling the skin away from the meat without removing it.
- Stuff apple mixture between the skin and meat.
- Arrange chicken pieces in a foil-lined baking dish with skin facing up.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 4 tsp olive oil with tarragon. Brush over chicken thighs.
- Bake, uncovered, basting every 15 minutes, for 1 hour or until chicken is fully cooked.