Happy Columbus Day! In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue to get to this CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Breakfast Pizza Casserole!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Breakfast Pizza Casserole
Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe
• 1/2 onion, diced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 lb ground Italian sausage
• 4 cups arugula, roughly chopped (or sub spinach)
• 10 eggs
• 1 tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee (or sub coconut oil)
• 1 cup marinara sauce
• 1 tbsp oregano
1. Chop onion and garlic.. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in Italian sausage. Break the sausage into small bits and then add in the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is browned, about 7-8 minutes.
2. While the sausage is cooking, chop arugula and whisk eggs in a large bowl.
3. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with butter or ghee and preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
4. When the sausage is finished, add it to the bowl with the eggs. Add in arugula, marinara sauce and oregano and mix everything together.
5. Pour egg mixture into the baking dish. ). Place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes, or until the eggs are firm throughout.