Get ready for CrossFit Soda City’s Crawfish Challenge on Cinco de Mayo with this Macro Monday recipe for Mexican Stuffed Peppers! IIFYM
Macro Monday, 4/16/2018, Mexican Stuffed Peppers, IIFYM
Serving Size: 1 stuffed pepper
• 1 pound ground turkey
• 1 teaspoon EVOO
• 1/4 cup tomato paste
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
• 1.5 cup sweet corn
• 1/2 cup red onion
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
• juice of 1/2 lime, small
• 1 cup cooked quinoa (1/3 cup uncooked)
• 6 peppers, any color (rubbed with EVOO and sea salt)
• 1/3 cup shredded cheese (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 375ºF. Then spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Place 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet and turn to medium/high heat. Add in ground turkey and sauté until cooked all the way through.
3. Add in tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, sea salt, sweet corn, red onion, minced garlic, cilantro, and lime juice and sauté for an additional 3-5 minutes or until onions have become translucent.
4. Take meat mixture off the heat and transfer to a large bowl. Add in cooked quinoa and mix until combined. Set aside.
5. Prep peppers by slicing their tops off and removing the insides. Rub with olive oil and season with sea salt.
6. Line peppers on baking sheet and use a spoon to fill their insides with meat/quinoa mixture. You should be able to stuff 5-6 peppers depending on their size.
7. Bake stuffed peppers at 375ºF for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle on cheese, if using. Place back in the oven and let cook for 10 more minutes.