On this week’s edition of Macro Monday, we get to indulge with a recipe for Greek (Spinach and Feta) Stuffed Chicken Breast. Each Monday, CrossFit Soda City will grace your taste buds with a new IIFYM recipe delight!
Macro Monday, 4/9/2018, Greek (Spinach and Feta) Stuffed Chicken Breast
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
• 4 chicken breasts (pounded into thin cutlets)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 5 ounce packaged baby spinach
• 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
• 1/2 cup crumbled feta
• ⅛ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon onion powder
• pinch of red pepper flakes
• 1 large egg
• 1 cup whole grain bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large skillet, on medium heat, sauté garlic then set aside.
3. Add baby spinach to skillet and cook until wilted. Stir garlic back into the spinach.
4. Over low heat, stir greek yogurt, feta, salt, onion powder, and red pepper flakes into the spinach. Remove from heat.
5. Divide spinach mixture among the 4 chicken breast. Spread mixture on top of chicken breast then roll up.
6. Whisk together egg and 1 tbsp water in one bowl. Add bread crumbs to another bowl. Dip each stuffed chicken breast into egg wash then into bread crumbs. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
7. Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through