Let CrossFit Soda City make this week’s eating EASY with a Macro Monday portioned out recipe for Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowl!
Macro Monday, 3/5/2018, Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowl, IIFYM
Yields: 4 serving
• 1 cup greek yogurt
• 1 cucumber
• 1 tsp garlic powder, divided
• 2½ tsp salt, divided
• 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
• 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
• 1 Tbsp. dill, (minced fresh dill, dried dill weed, or dill paste all work fine)
• 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 4- 4oz. portions
• Non-stick cooking spray
• ¾ Tbsp. Italian seasoning
• ½ tsp corn starch
• ½ tsp black pepper
• ½ tsp onion powder
• ½ tsp paprika
• ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
• ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
• 1 cup dried farro (or other whole grain like quinoa or brown rice)
• 15-20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
• ¼ red onion, diced
• 15-20 pitted & halved black olives, chopped
• 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
• 1 lemon, juiced
1. To make the homemade tzatziki: grate ½ a cucumber and transfer to a fine mesh strainer. Using several paper towels, squeeze all the extra water out of the cucumber.
2. Add the shredded cucumber to a medium bowl with the greek yogurt, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp salt, 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, 1 Tbsp. white vinegar, and 1 Tbsp. dill. Stir, and cover in the fridge until ready to use.
3. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees, and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
4. To make the greek seasoning, combine 1 tsp salt, ¾ Tbsp. Italian seasoning,1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp corn starch, ½ tsp black pepper, ½ tsp onion powder, ½ tsp paprika, ¼ tsp ground cinnamon, and ¼ tsp ground nutmeg.
5. Lay the 4 chicken breast portions on the baking sheet and coat evenly with the greek seasoning. Spray again with non-stick cooking spray and bake the chicken in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, cook your farro or other whole grain according to package directions.
7. Make your greek salad: dice the other half of the cucumber, quarter the cherry tomatoes, dice your red onion, and chop the olives. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
8. Season the salad with 1 tsp salt, some freshly cracked black pepper, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar, and the juice of one lemon. Stir.
9. Portion everything evenly among 4 tupperware containers, (or plates if you want to eat it now!). ½ cup cooked farro, 1 chicken breast, ¼ of the greek salad, and ¼ of the tzatziki.
10. Keep covered in the fridge for lunches all week!