Check out this week’s CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday recipe for Cranberry Sweet Potato Chicken Casserole. A new front page item in your IIFYM Recipe Book!
Macro Monday, 3/19/2018, Cranberry Sweet Potato Chicken Casserole, IIFYM
(Recipe courtesy of Coach Karen)
Yields: 6 servings
• 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 1 3/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
• 2 medium sweet potatoes, about into 1/2-1 inch pieces
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, plus additional for garnish
• 1/2 cup dried cranberries (I prefer the ones with reduced sugar)
• 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Put sweet potatoes in the microwave for about 5 minutes to make it easier to cut.
3. n a large, deep skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced chicken and sauté until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink on the inside, about 6 minutes.
4. Add the diced the sweet potato, onions, salt, and pepper. Sauté until the onion begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the squash is tender but still retains some chew, about 6-8 minutes. Stir in the thyme, cranberries, and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
5. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake 5 additional minutes, until the cheese melts. Sprinkle with additional chopped fresh thyme and serve warm.
6. (add in cooked wild rice for extra carbs)