It’s National Chocolate Mint Day, so this Macro Monday is a healthy and delicious recipe for a IIFYM Chocolate Chip Mint Smoothie!
Macro Monday, 2/19/2018, Chocolate Chip Mint Smoothie
Yields: 1 serving
• 1 small frozen banana
• 1 1/2 cups almond milk
• 1 cup fresh spinach
• 1/4 small/medium sized avocado
• 20-30 fresh mint leaves
• 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
• 1/2 cup crushed ice or more, if you’d like it thicker
• 1 tablespoon cacao nibs or chocolate chips
1. Place banana, milk, spinach, avocado, mint, protein powder, and ice in a blender. Process until smooth. Add cacao nibs and stir or briefly pulse (don’t completely puree the chocolate otherwise the color of the smoothie will turn brown). Serve immediately. Vary cacao and mint leaves to taste.