Failing to plan is planning to fail. So get your Meal Prep right with this week’s Macro Monday Recipe for Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes! Another great IIFYM option from CrossFit Soda City!
Macro Monday, 1/29/2018, Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes, IIFYM
from Coach Karen
Yields: 8 servings
• 2 lbs red potatoes (peeled and cut into large cubes)
• 2 lbs large carrots (peeled and cut into chunks)
• 1 medium-large yellow onion (peeled and cut into large chunks)
• 2 lbs chicken breasts
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (such as thyme, oregano, parsley and rosemary- herbs should be de-stemmed and finely chopped)
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon garlic salt and onion salt/granules or powder
freshly cracked pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Peel and cut the vegetables and herbs. In a large baking dish scatter the onions, potatoes, carrots and mushrooms, sprinkle with half the salt, pepper and half of the fresh herbs and olive oil. (I like to go heavy on the rosemary)
3. Next add the chicken breast on top of the vegetables and slightly nestle them in to the vegetables. If chicken breasts are large, cut them into fourths so they will cook evenly. Drizzle the remaining olive oil and seasonings on top.
4. Bake for 55 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and then serve.