There’s bacon. There’s honey. They’re DELICIOUS! Check out this incredible Apple Balsamic Glazed Scallops recipe for this Macro Monday!
IFYM, Macro Monday, 10/9/17, Apple Balsamic Glazed Scallops
Yields: 4 servings
• 1/4 cup shallots, coarsely chopped
• 4 slices thick-cut bacon
• 1 lb sea scallops, thawed if necessary
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 3/4 cup spiced apple cider
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 3 cups watercress (or arugula) leaves
1. Chop shallots and bacon. Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Place bacon in pan; cook 4 minutes. Add shallots and cook 2–3 more minutes, stirring occasionally, or until bacon is crisp and shallots are tender. Remove bacon and shallots (leave 2 tablespoons bacon fat in pan); set aside.
2. Season scallops with salt and pepper; place in same sauté pan on medium-high and cook 1 minute without turning. Combine apple cider, vinegar, and honey. Remove scallops from pan. Place vinegar mixture in pan and cook 4–5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sauce thickens.
3. Return scallops and bacon mixture to pan; cook 2 more minutes or until sauce coats scallops and scallops are opaque. Place watercress on platter; top with scallop mixture. Serve.