Get those Macros right with this IIFYM great post workout meal. High carb, high protein and lower fat.
IFYM, Macro Monday, 9/11/17, Red Lentil Pasta with Coconut Curry
Yields: 4 servings
Serving Size: about 1 cup
• 1 box red lentil penne
• 1 brown or yellow onion, sliced
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1-1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
• 1 inch ginger knob, minced or grated
• 1/2 tsp. chili powder
• 1 yellow pepper, sliced
• 1-1/2 Tbsp. red curry paste
• 1 medium zucchini, sliced
• 1 So Delicious Organic Culinary Coconut Milk
• 1 tsp. turmeric
• 1/4 tsp. black pepper
• 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
• 1/4 tsp. real salt
• Garnish: fresh cilantro, basil and diced shallots.
1. Cook lentil penne according to package directions.
2. In a wok over medium heat, cook onion until soft. Add garlic, ginger, chili powder, red curry paste and yellow pepper and stir. Cook for another minute.
3. Add zucchini, coconut milk, turmeric, black pepper and coconut sugar. Cook until zucchini is soft.
4. Add cooked pasta to wok and stir to combine.
5. Serve with fresh cilantro, basil and shallots. If desired, serve with nut-based yogurt.